Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

S&S Midweek Challenge: Use Colors From Your State Flag

Well...the state flag of California is adorned with a large bear as the centerpiece with red and green accents. I knew I had to use my new My Favorite Things stamp and sentiment "Fred Bear Goes Fishing". This is one of the fund-raiser stamps I purchased from Operation Write Home and it is adorable!

Coloring is not my thing, so I paper-pieced the bear and water, then added the sentiment and bling. I realize there is no 'green' on this card. I still think it works for this challenge :)

Red CS: Bazzill
Rhinestones: Studio 18
Brown and Blue Paper: my stash
Chocolate Ink: TPC Studio

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so adorable! Love your paper pieced bear--great card!

Lee Mae said...

Fun card! Love the bear - representing California along with the colors!

Barbara said...

Hello from Northern California ! Your bear is crazy cute and sweet. I do not color that often but working on it. I know someone will enjoy your card.

Diane said...

Awwww- he is a cutie- and I like the paper piecing! And i did not miss the green! Great state flag inspired card!